Help Desk Software & Beyond
June 24, 2017, 05:01:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
To post messages you need to register. We apologize for inconvenience, but this is to prevent spam.
Registration is instant (no email verification) and we do not ask for any personal information.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Help Desk Software forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: [PROB] 'Extended Ticket Editor' not working with SQL (all versions)  (Read 24355 times)
bjray

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:19:30 PM »

Sparky,

I do have a question though that I can't seem to figure out. I am using TTX 3.01, and have followed your instructions on this modification. All comes up ok in the editor browser window. However, the editor doesn't actually save any changes or delete messages. Also, I'm using the MS SQL version. Any ideas of where to look for a possible reason why this might be happening?

Been trying to figure it out, but can't seem to get it.
Sparky

stop pushing all those buttons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »

However, the editor doesn't actually save any changes or delete messages.

Does the little editor window go away when you hit any of those buttons?

The "form submit" depends on the Javascript.  If the Javascript is choking, nothing gets submitted through the form.

Try it out with Firefox using the Javascript Error Console.

Did you update the paths in ttxcfg.cgi after moving TTX to your new location?   Undecided
To those seeking help.... please report back when you figure it out.  Cheesy
bjray

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »

Yea, that's what I was suspecting (the javascript). So here's the deal. When the window opens, everything looks good. Data is there from the ticket, etc. When I edit something, I can hit preview and it shows in the lower preview area. No Problem.

When I hit buttons such as Save & Exit, it will close the popup and return to the ticket as should, but with no actual changes/edits made. Same for the Delete button. It prompts, the are you sure you want to do this. Click OK, and the page closes, but the ticket still has all the data in it, etc.

I did check Firefox and the error console. Only, one message is logged and that is when I change nothing and hit the Exit button.
It reports "onlyonce not defined"  but I cannot see where the syntax is messed up..

Should I post my ticket.html ?

Thanks for your quick replies!
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »

the "onlyonce" is not the issue... that's original to TTX and I see that error a lot.

I saw your symptoms a few months ago on an installation I did.... i cannot remember how I fixed it but it was definitely an error on the installation and not an issue with the mod.   Undecided

Had there been a problem with the mod, I would have immediately corrected this thread.

Did you update the paths in ttxcfg.cgi after moving TTX to your new location?   Undecided
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »

Did you catch this?

http://forum.unitedwebcoders.com/index.php/topic,459.msg6080.html#msg6080

bjray

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »

If you're referring to the (rememberme=1) addition to the ttxcfg.cgi then, yes, I do have that enabled.
bjray

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 01:33:59 PM »

I have a backup of my wwwroot before the addition of the mod, I will try and redo it and see what I get. I'll repost and let you know.

Thanks again for your assistance.
bjray

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »

Negative. Re-did the installation of the mod by modifying all the things and adding the necessary files. I still have something wrong somewhere. I'll keep looking for things that might be the cause. Let me know if you think of anything.

I will say that I have the files (like the buttons folder) that belong under templates/ under cgi-bin/templates/
I don't think that matters, but maybe it does. It would not recognize the css and button images unless they were placed there because the reference to them was pointing there. So when the files were just under templates/ it would not show the buttons/the css definitions. Does that make sense?

So like the images for the buttons on the edit.html form would not have the css applied to it because it was pointing to http://<domian>/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi/templates/buttons/bold.gif (etc..) It was weird, so I just moved the folder to cgi-bin/templates/  (and maybe that's what you meant in the instructions and I was reading it wrong. Not sure.)

Thanks.
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 01:54:13 PM »

In the Editor HTML Form I see...

onsubmit="return onlyonce()"

...but I don't see how the onlyonce() Javascript can be called.  (it's actually in an external file)  There is no reference to the external Javascript file.

Oddly, mine is working and I'm not getting any Javascript errors.  This is currently making no sense to me... the downfall of troubleshooting code I wrote over a year ago.

For the heck of it, take out this and see what happens...

onsubmit="return onlyonce()"

Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »

... It would not recognize the css and button images unless they were placed there because the reference to them was pointing there. So when the files were just under templates/ it would not show the buttons/the css definitions. Does that make sense? ...

Makes perfect sense.  I think I mentioned someplace that the user would have to update absolute or relative paths if they wanted to put these files in a different location.  There is nothing critical there to cause your issue... just graphics & CSS.

bjray

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 02:34:25 PM »

That fixed that error. I removed: onsubmit="return onlyonce()"  from edit.html.
Now if click edit message, make no changes and hit Exit, I receive no javascript error messages.

I hear you about editing past code. All made perfect sense when you wrote it! At least that's how it is for me. Smiley

Still no luck with actually updating tickets though. I'm still looking too.
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 02:38:15 PM »

Still no luck with actually updating tickets though. I'm still looking too.

Very odd... especially if you're not getting any Javascript errors.

bjray

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »

All right, I'm at a loss. I have no idea why it is not working.  Huh

The form submission appears all correct.

Is my using MS SQL an issue?
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »

All right, I'm at a loss. I have no idea why it is not working.  Huh

The form submission appears all correct.

Is my using MS SQL an issue?

SQL is not an issue.  TTX uses the same routines either way.

Do you know how to make a URL address bar appear in the Editor Popup window?  I think in Firefox, you will see one.

I am constructing a special URL for you that will bypass the Javascript entirely.  This way we can narrow things down.

bjray

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »

Oh, do I know how  Wink  you know it.

Ok, coo. Just leme know when your genius comes through!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: