Help Desk Software & Beyond
August 21, 2017, 01:17:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
To post messages you need to register. We apologize for inconvenience, but this is to prevent spam.
Registration is instant (no email verification) and we do not ask for any personal information.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Help Desk Software forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] - Using POP2PIPE with SSL support  (Read 7804 times)
jpera

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 08:37:04 AM »

Hi, I was using TTX with a POP3 server that required no POP3 SSL. Since a few days, we have migrated to a Microsoft Online Exchange service that supports POP3 but requires SSL connection. I searched the forums and found one topic where Alex said that you colud solve this matter using the lybrary Mail::POP3Client instead of Net::POP3. There was no more advice.

After breaking my horns a bit I managed to have this working!!!! I think it could be useful for other people, so I post the modified cgi here. I must say I am an absolute newbie in CGI programming so it may not be a clean programming but it does the basics.

Enjoy it,

Jordi.

CGI_______________________________________________________________

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# Version 2.16
#
# This is a modification of the original CGI which is...
#
# COPYRIGHT: 2004, CGI-Research, the division of Eastwright Corporation.

~ snipped out by Sparky ~
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:02:21 AM by Sparky » Logged
Sparky

stop pushing all those buttons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:04:47 AM »

Your efforts and contributions are very much appreciated.

However, you cannot publicly disclose all the code to reproduce an entire purchased module and I've removed same

Feel free to come back and post only the lines that are modified.

I will do same but may not get around to it for a while.

Did you update the paths in ttxcfg.cgi after moving TTX to your new location?   Undecided
To those seeking help.... please report back when you figure it out.  Cheesy
Alex
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »

pop2pipe uses standard Net::POP3 Perl library. Unfortunately the library allows specifying neither alternate ports nor SSL protocol. The workaround is to use Mail::POP3Client library, however please keep in mind:

1) the library is not a part of standard Perl distribution and is not available with most shared hosting accounts

2) SSL connection requires additional libraries, that are usually not available for shared hosting customers.

As to posting code for customization of non open source software, I would suggest using diff utility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff

Follow me on: LinkedIn
Steve

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »

Is there any chance of getting the modified code to make pop2pipe work with SSL? We just switche email providers and are stuck! I downloaded the POP3Client from http://search.cpan.org/~sdowd/Mail-POP3Client-2.17/POP3Client.pm but don't know how to proceed from there. Any help you can give me ould be greatly appreciated!
ryangravlin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:30:05 AM »

I am also looking for this information.

I have submitted a ticket to Alex 8 days ago but have heard nothing back yet.  I really do not want to switch to a different help desk system because of lacking SSL support in the e-mail module.

Any help on this topic would be very much appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: