Help Desk Software & Beyond
June 24, 2017, 06:47:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
To post messages you need to register. We apologize for inconvenience, but this is to prevent spam.
Registration is instant (no email verification) and we do not ask for any personal information.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Help Desk Software forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using TTX With Google Apps  (Read 7289 times)
qtipextra

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »

We have recently changed our email domain hosting to Google Apps. However, since this change over, I can not get the SMTP settings to send any notifications.

Google uses smtp.gmail.com as the SMTP server, and uses a full username and password for authentication. When I enter this information into the setup.cgi of TTX, I still get no notifications, and the ticket takes a long time to "submit".

Google Requires SSL on port 465, or TLS on port 587, which I cannot specify in TTX config. Am I just out of luck using Gmail as SMTP?
plotnerc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »

I am having the same problem.  Anyone know of a fix???
lazna

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »

Use netcat on machine with TTX and specify 'localhost' as SMTP server in TTX setup.
qtipextra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »

Use netcat on machine with TTX and specify 'localhost' as SMTP server in TTX setup.

I'm running the non-SQL version of TTX on a Windows Server 2003 box... Netcat doesn't seem to support Windows OS.

I would like more input into this issue though, I haven't been able to send emails from TTX using google, and have not yet found any other work around.
qtipextra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »

I'm running the non-SQL version of TTX on a Windows Server 2003 box... Netcat doesn't seem to support Windows OS.

I would like more input into this issue though, I haven't been able to send emails from TTX using google, and have not yet found any other work around.

So I actually did just find a work around:
Using Windows Server 2003 SMTP I was able to configure it to relay messages to localhost out to google. Since Server 2003 allows you to setup the port and enforce TLS, I was succesfully able to forward SMTP outgoing to the localhost SMTP relay, and it goes out to google after being authenticated. This means that my email delivery system is back up and running.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998368%28v=exchg.65%29.aspx
http://fmuntean.wordpress.com/2008/10/26/how-to-configure-iis-smtp-server-to-forward-emails-using-a-gmail-account/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: