Help Desk Software & Beyond
August 21, 2017, 01:17:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
To post messages you need to register. We apologize for inconvenience, but this is to prevent spam.
Registration is instant (no email verification) and we do not ask for any personal information.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Help Desk Software forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TTX Outbound E-mail Failing DKIM verification  (Read 5790 times)
ryangravlin

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2014, 08:55:20 PM »

Hello all,

TTX Ver: 3.01.838
MySQL: Enabled
Modules: mailbox.cgi

Using local sendmail binary on host to send e-mail.

I have been working with my web host trying to figure out this bizarre issue, and have (I believe) narrowed it down to e-mail specifically coming from TTX, though I am not 100% confident and was hoping someone may be able to shed some light.

I have set up DKIM and SPF on my domain to help prevent against spam related issues.  I have tested the following:

Webmail from support@domain.com -> Gmail address = DKIM pass
TTX ticket update from support@domain.com -> Gmail address = DKIM neutral (no key present)
TTX ticket update from support@domain.com -> Alt e-mail address (routed through Google) = DKIM neutral (no key present)

dkim=neutral full e-mail w/ header: http://pastebin.com/9CyDRVGu
dkim=pass full e-mail w/ header: http://pastebin.com/YPfyDPz0

Maybe I am way off base posing this question here, but from what I can see, the web host has configured DKIM properly and it is passing successfully when using webmail.  You guys are my last hope!

If there is any additional information I can provide, remote access, anything please do let me know as I would love to get this resolved.

Couple other quick questions.  Is there a reason that e-mails are sent out as HTML and plaintext?  I would much prefer to have everything sent as plain text.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
Ryan Gravlin
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:05:41 PM by ryangravlin » Logged
ryangravlin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:50:15 AM »

Just so you all know, for some reason I thought about trying to use SMTP authentication instead of using the sendmail binary.

After installing Authen::SASL and configuring the SMTP logon information I tested everything again and DKIM passed successfully!

Sorry for any troubles, but I figured others may want to know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: