Help Desk Software & Beyond
August 23, 2017, 12:51:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
To post messages you need to register. We apologize for inconvenience, but this is to prevent spam.
Registration is instant (no email verification) and we do not ask for any personal information.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Help Desk Software forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Passwords are in view  (Read 8259 times)
nsidc

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:11:39 PM »

I'm in the Operator Management window.  I've created a few operators/users, these are my system administrators that will address the trouble tickets.  Unfortunately, the passwords I set for them are in plain view.  I would expect them to eventually set their own passwords and they would not want them visible to the other SA's.

Is this normal?  Can we hide the passwords with stars?

Thanks,
Doug Young
National Snow and Ice Data Center
University of Colorado
Alex
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:27:49 PM »

You are logged in as administrator user. You have full access to all accounts including passwords. Users having the same level of privileges may not access or modify account details of their peers or users having higher level of privileges. When changing his or her own password (profile menu) a user works with conventional stars-and-type-it-twice password entry form.

Follow me on: LinkedIn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: