Help Desk Software & Beyond
August 23, 2017, 12:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
To post messages you need to register. We apologize for inconvenience, but this is to prevent spam.
Registration is instant (no email verification) and we do not ask for any personal information.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Help Desk Software forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam & Captcha  (Read 1364 times)
Mervyn

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »

I'm getting lots of spam tickets with links to insurance. About 10 per day. I have not been able to work out how it's done, but it's not done manually, given the random nature of the field inputs.
Does anyone know a way round this please?
I tried to add a custom field 'What colour is coal', but couldn't figure out how the check the reply text entered. I think I need to add something into the newticket routine.
Almost everything is in the cgi-bin so trying to read the content of the key file should be impossible. I guess you could keep posting the form with the same key id and a new captcha code?
Mervyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:26:16 AM »

If I could just check for a url in the message body and drop the ticket, I'd be happy but there doesn't seem to be any content checking on that part of the form in the code. Better still, a blacklist of unsuitable words in the message.
I'm getting 10 to 15 every single day and they all relate to insurance.
alexchiu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »

You have to check a box in your setup.cgi to turn on the access code feature that allows captcha.  It works well with me. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: