Help Desk Software & Beyond
September 24, 2017, 04:56:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
To post messages you need to register. We apologize for inconvenience, but this is to prevent spam.
Registration is instant (no email verification) and we do not ask for any personal information.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Help Desk Software forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQ] Text Search Partials & Wild-cards  (Read 2186 times)
b4a

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »

Can someone please explain why text search is not working as I expect it to and if there is a fix for this?

I can run text searches for words just fine and get results as expected.  However, there are times when I want to search for a file name that is in the text of a response such as "_dsp_filename.cfm".  A search on ".cfm" works, but that is too broad of a search.  I would like to do a search on part of the filename so I can see all the different related files.  I have tried to search on "_dsp", "_dsp_", "file" or "filename" and none of these examples return any results.  (I do not actually search using quotes but it is easier here for explanation purposes.)  I can search on the full filename,  "_dsp_filename" (everything before the extension) and get results but as I said before this limits my results to much for what I need to do.  Is there something with the underscore that causes problems with the search code?

thanks,
Aaron
Sparky

stop pushing all those buttons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 12:47:28 PM »

It's working as designed so I'm moving this to modifications.

Meanwhile, this mod will not solve your problem but it contains some good info about searching.

http://forum.unitedwebcoders.com/index.php/topic,711.0.html

Did you update the paths in ttxcfg.cgi after moving TTX to your new location?   Undecided
To those seeking help.... please report back when you figure it out.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: